Monday, February 10, 2014

Stacking the Shelves February 9th

So, I'm a little late on posting this, but here's my...


Stacking the Shelves
- Hosted by: Tynga’s Reviews

Description: Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


E-Book/Kindle Buys:
 
               

I have to say I am really happy with both of these buys and looking forward to reading them both. Janette Rallison is an amazing author and I have really enjoyed her other novels, especially the My Unfair Fairy Godmother series. I'm excited to try something new by her.

My other grab this week is by author Wendy Delsol and is the third book in the Stork series. If you have not read Stork yet, stop reading this and go grab a copy to read! I love it, as it is a retelling of a fairy tale and to me each book in this series has had something new and fresh to offer. I have enjoyed the other two books in the series immensely, so I am very excited to jump back into Katla's world and find out what will happen yet.  


Bookstore Buys:





Rules for Disappearing was a complete impulse buy for me. I am a sucker for covers - I know, I know 'don't judge a book by it's cover' - but I do. I really do, when I go book shopping, I always go for my go-to authors, the ones I know I love and want to own their books so I can read, reread, and reread again. Then there are my other purchases...these are the ones where the cover just calls to me: it's intriguing or beautiful or just looks cool. In any event, I was intrigued by the cover enough to pick it up and read the jacket. Anyway, long story short, I found the summary very enticing and I am hoping it is as good a read as it sounds.

My second pick is another one of my go-to authors, Susane Colasanti. I love her contemporary teen romance novels, they are always a great read and I love that she often tackles every day issues in her books as well. In this case, her book is taking on the issue of bullying - an issue that is starting to get the increasing attention it deserves. I am very excited to read this one and see how Ms. Colasanti tackles the issue.


Internet Buy/On It's Way:


This one is one that I just received and I am SO excited for. I love Jill Mansell she is one of my favorite discoveries for Chick Lit and UK authors. When I first finished all her available books I was so sad, until one day I saw her website and found out she had a ton of other titles available over in the UK that hadn't been released here yet. Obviously I did what any book loving, avid reader would do - I ordered a copy of every single one through Amazon.uk. It was amazing, it was great....until I once again ran out of books. So, needless to say, I am very excited to dive into another fabulous Contemporary Romance book from Ms. Mansell! :)


Anyone else buy any great new reads this week? Please feel free to comment and share a link to your new reads below. 
  
Jenn
 Tale of Two Doxies
www.taleoftwodoxies.blogspot.com











4 comments:

  1. Oh, lots of great books! The Rules for Disappearing looks good! I've seen that one around a lot in the past!

    Well, I hope you enjoy them, and thanks for stopping by my STS @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Jenn, for the fab comments! I really REALLY hope you enjoy my new one!
    Jill Mansell xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh the Rules For Disappearing! Can't wait to hear what you think!

    I do the same thing with covers that just jump out at me for whatever reason. If He Had Been With Me comes to mind in particular. I still love that cover :)

    Thanks for stopping by my StS the other day!

    ReplyDelete