Saturday, February 15, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (February 15)



Stacking the Shelves
- Hosted by: Tynga’s Reviews





Description: Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

So, technically I'm supposed to be on a bit of a book budget...but of course I found so many good reads and I had to indulge in at least a few! :)

             Click on the book image to it's Goodreads page.

                         E-Book/Kindle Buys:

  

I'm very excited about my two Kindle purchases this week! I got both Cinders & Sapphires by Leila Rasheed and Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge. Let me start by saying that I have been interested in both of these for a while now. 

Both of course have beautiful covers, and that is how I first stumbled on Cinders & Sapphires. Add to that wonderful cover, an intriguing premise, and a promise of Downton Abbey-esquse historical drama - and I was of course sold! This one was a very quick and enjoyable read that I have already finished, for a full review click here.

Cruel Beauty was my other Kindle purchase this week, and it is a retelling of the fairy tale Beauty and the Beast (one of my absolute favorites!). I am sooo excited to get started on this one, I have heard many good things about it already!


Bookstore Buys:

    

My bookstore finds this week include two new to me authors, and the third book in a series I have been reading. I came across Unleashing Mr. Darcy on another blog, and was instantly intrigued. Allusions to Austen's Pride & Prejudice (my favorite classic) in modern day NY, with dogs - yes please! Very excited to check this one out - sounds fun, cute and romantic. :)

Next up, is a YA author that I've been meaning to try for awhile (I keep seeing others reading her books). Racing Savannah had a great cover, and the story sounds sweet. Finally, The Grass is Always Greener is the third book in Calonita's Belles series. I'm excited to read the next book in the installment, and if you haven't had a chance to check out this contemporary southern belles/family drama read go ahead and check out the first book here.



Anyone else buy any great new reads this week? Please feel free to comment and share a link to your new reads below. 


Jenn
 Tale of Two Doxies











32 comments:

  1. I'm so curious about Cruel Beauty, I heard so many great things about it. I hope you'll enjoy it. Happy reading!

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't wait to get started on it :) thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoy Cruel Beauty. All my friends rave about it and I just gave in and ordered a hardcover copy last night. Also, Racing Savannah? Yeah, I need to catch up with the series, I've only read the first two. I hope you enjoy :)

    Siiri @ Little Pieces of Imagination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I kept seeing it and it had such a beautiful cover I just had to give it a try :) Hope you enjoy it when your copy arrives, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Oh nice! I enjoyed Cruel Beauty! Thought it was a great retelling and loved it! Hope you enjoy it and your other new reads!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Very excited to get to it. Thanks for stopping by :) I'll definitely check yours out tomorrow

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to read Cruel Beauty. It looks fantastic! Great haul :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that cover is gorgeous right? Thank you and thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed Cruel Beauty! It was original. I know that's a strange way to describe a retelling, but it's true. It was dark, but fantastic. I hope you enjoy it and all the others!

    My StS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback, I love hearing from others on books :) thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Cruel Beauty looks awesome. I hope its a good read. @Kim I love dark/strange twists on retelling's makes it so much more interesting!

    Enjoy!
    Mary
    My STS - http://sweepingme.com/2014/02/week-2-sts-new-to-my-shelf-books-reading/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very hopeful, I keep hearing so many good things - thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. II have had Cinders & Sapphires for a while. I need to get on that! Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth a read, I really enjoyed it! Hope you enjoy it too, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Cruel Beauty looks. so. good! YAY!!! It's on my really-desperately-want list but it hasn't released in Australia yet (dang) XD. I hope you enjoy it! I've seen Racing Savannah around everywhere, but I haven't really looked into it. It does have such a cute cover, eh? Yellow gumboots FTW! Thanks for stopping by my STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. Ahhh, don't you just hate it when they aren't out for release yet where you are?! I have a few UK authors I love and the delay drives me crazy - hope it releases for you soon. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I loved Racing Savannah!! Hope you enjoy them all & Happy late Valentine's Day!

    My STS this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Always love to hear positive feedback about a new purchase :) thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Hmm those bookstore picks look familiar ;) I can't wait to hear what you think of Cruel Beauty...since I love a good Beauty and the Beast retelling. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm can't imagine why ;) I figured you would have already read or had Cruel Beauty on your radar as you too are a fan of retellings and more importantly Beauty and the Beast!

      Delete
  11. Great haul. I really want to read Cruel Beauty, it looks really great and I've seen a lot of amazing reviews. I hope you enjoy all your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can honestly say I've been pining for that one. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. Great haul! I need to read Racing Savannah! I hope you enjoy your books!

    Check out our STS.

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just keep seeing Cruel Beauty. I ship that book so hard. It is amazing, seriously. So. Good. Hope you enjoy it! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I keep hearing good things! So excited for this one, thanks!

      Delete
  14. I've heard some many things about Cruel Beauty! I do hope you enjoy it, I can't wait to finally read it =D

    Emily @ Falling For YA

    ReplyDelete
  15. I finished Cruel Beauty last week and it was really good. I hope you enjoy your new books :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, glad to hear you enjoyed it - can't wait!

      Delete
  16. I got an ARC of Cruel Beauty. Need to get that read! And Unleashing Mr. Darcy sounds good! I'll have to go add that to my TBR list.
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete