Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Memorable Characters

Top Ten Tuesdays is a great weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where you get to share fun book related topic top ten lists. It is also another great meme for finding great new books, authors and blogs! 

This week is 

Top Ten Characters Who Are Memorable

So without further ado, and in no particular order….


* Kat Bishop (from Heist Society by Ally Carter) - I loved Kat, she was an amazing heroine. She's smart, relatable, quiet, observant, loyal - I'd totally want her as a best friend. Also did I mention she's a teenager who mastermind's a heist?

* Roux (from Also Known As by Robin Benway) - Roux is so fun - she's quirky, sassy and definitely has spunk. I love how Roux is a bit all over the place with her thoughts and how excitable she is. I also find Roux endearing, she's loyal and strong - but she also has a softer, more vulnerable side. She is definitely charming and someone I would want to hang out with in real life. 

* Abby (from Crash Into You by Katie McGarry) - I loved Abby. I don't even know how to put Abby into words but I loved her. The funny thing is this book is not about Abby, she is a secondary character - and yet, I kept looking for her and I wanted more! I hope Abby gets her own book, she 100% deserves one she is just awesome. 



* George, King of Thieves (from the Alanna/Song of the Lioness books by Tamora Pierce) - George is amazing, he is loyal, smart, witty, charming and completely endearing. George was the King of Thieves who befriends young Alan of Trebound and is a good friend to Alanna throughout the books. I just loved him and always look forward to re-reading the books and seeing him again :)

* Heather Wells (from Size 12 is Not Fat, and the other Heather Wells Mysteries by Meg Cabot) - Hmmm, how to describe Heather? Well, she's fun, light-hearted, funny, a bit sassy and definitely loyal. I love Heather - I want her as a best friend - she never fails to cheer me up and make me laugh. 

Plus, I quotes like this…
“Wait. Why am I thinking about Krispy Kremes? We’re supposed to be exercising.” 

* Fred & George Weasley (from the Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling) - Oh Fred and George how I love you two mischief makers. You can't help but love them - I wish I had gone to school with them (in more ways than one - oh Hogwarts!). Who wouldn't love to see their mischievous ways and pranks? These two are hilarious and by far some of my favorite characters from the books.

 
* Keladry (from Protector of the Small series by Tamora Pierce) - I love Kel, I thought she had great spirit and was always very true to herself. I like that she was loyal, passionate, and not afraid to be herself and fight for what she believed in.

* Xemerius (from the Ruby Red trilogy by Kerstin Gier) - Who doesn't love a demon, gargoyle that moves around and talks a lot? Xemerius was funny, I found him amusing and always looked forward to his scenes as he always added some lovely comic relief. I loved his comments and little commentaries, I also enjoyed his love of romance novels. 


* Finnick Odair (Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins) - Well if you haven't read the books, I'd hate to spoil him - so I'll try to keep this brief. Finnick was one of the previous Hunger Game champs - he's charming and there is a lot more to him than meets the eye. I admired Finnick and found him to be pretty amazing.

* Lula & Ranger (from the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich) - Yes I'm cheating and I have two here. Lula is awesome because she's hilarious - she also thinks she's pretty kick butt and she definitely tries. I wouldn't mess with Lula - she can track down bad guys while eating her bucket of fried chicken and she's not afraid to use a taser. Ranger is just - Ranger. Mysterious, intriguing, strong and someone I would never want to mess with. I love Ranger! (hence the amazing name for one of the doxies)

How about you: what characters did you choose to list and how?
 Please feel free to comment and link up so I can visit your Top Ten!


Jenn
 Tale of Two Doxies

3 comments:

  1. I love Heather Wells! She is one of my all time favorite characters! And Lula and Grandma are the reason I've stuck with the Stephanie Plum books all this time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh nice! Many of these are new to me! Practically all in fact! Except for the Harry Potter ones! I know them for sure!! :D And Ruby Red is in my TBR mountain and I really do hope to get to that one day soon!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good list, I love Kat, Fred and George they're all great characters.

    ReplyDelete